TI News: An information service from Office of Travel & Tourism Industries (OTTI)
July 12, 2011
Your Perfect Matchmaking Travel/Tourism Event
Milan, Italy - November 10-12, 2011
SHOWCASE USA-ITALY is the only marketing event exclusively dedicated to promoting Italian tourism towards the United States. Created by the Visit USA Association Italy and the U.S. Commercial Service Italy, it gives the Italian travel and tourism industry the opportunity to keep up to date with the wide variety of “Made in the USA” travel products and destinations available.
At this, the 14th annual edition, U.S. exhibitors will have the opportunity to meet individually with the major Italian tour operators and incentive planners, as well as media representatives (about 25 appointments). This is an ideal event for new-to-market companies as well as for repeat exhibitors wishing to reconfirm placements with their current clients or find new ones.
The Visit USA/Commercial Service team will provide matchmaking appointments for U.S. exhibitors with Italian companies, logistical assistance, on-site business counseling and support, as well as a pre-event briefing.
Location: GRAND VISCONTI PALACE MILANO (http://www.grandviscontipalace.com/)
- Two nights hotel accommodations (November 11 and12), room taxes and breakfast;
- Five meals (dinner on Nov. 10; breakfast, lunch, dinner on Nov. 11; breakfast on Nov. 12);
- Showcase USA-Italy event includes:
- Free participation or brochure distribution and video presentation at the Visit USA Association Italy’s workshop for travel agents and MICE companies on November 10 (applicable to all exhibitors, except for receptive tour operators);
- Networking reception on November 10 with key tourism industry players;
- Breakfast market briefing on November 11;
- Pre-scheduled one-on-one appointments with Italian tour operators, incentive houses, journalists and key travel agents on November 11;
- Complimentary Wi-fi service for the entire stay
- Visit to the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci and sightseeing tour of Milan
- Basic Rate: $2,650 per person
- Visit USA Association Italy’s members rate: $2,350 per person
- Group Rate: $1,990 per person
The group rate requires a minimum of 5 participants belonging to the same organization or geographical area, whether or not they are members of the Visit USA Association Italy.
For more information click here or contact Simonetta Busnelli, Commercial Specialist at Simonetta.Busnelli@trade.gov.
For more information about international inbound travel from Italy to the United States, please visit:
Industry & Analysis’ Office of Travel and Tourism Industries (OTTI) collects, analyzes and disseminates international travel and tourism statistics for the U.S. Travel and Tourism Statistical System. To view the OTTI U.S. departure data tables that provide monthly estimates of U.S. air travel abroad by world region and the rate of change each month and year-to-date, please visit: <http://travel.trade.gov/view/m-2010-O-001/index.html>.
U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, Office of Travel and Tourism Industries (OTTI), 1401 Constitution Avenue, NW, Room 1003, Washington, DC 20230; Phone:(202) 482-0140; Fax: (202) 482-2887; Website: www.tinet.ita.doc.gov; Email: Tinet_info@ita.doc.gov