TI News: An information service from Office of Travel & Tourism Industries (OTTI)
July 23, 2009
DIRECT SALES OPPORTUNITY:
ROME, NOVEMBER 12-14, 2009, SHOWCASE USA-ITALY
SHOWCASE USA-ITALY is the only marketing exhibition exclusively dedicated to promote Italian tourism to the United States. Created by the Visit USA Association Italy and the U.S. Commercial Service Italy, SHOWCASE USA-ITALY gives the Italian Travel Industry the opportunity to keep up-to-date with the great variety of “Made in the USA” travel products and destinations.
On this unique occasion, U.S. exhibitors will have the opportunity to meet high-quality Italian companies and organizations, all focused on the promotion of tourism to the United States. During the 2008 event, 32 U.S. exhibitors met with 22 Italian tour operators, 140 travel agents and incentive planners, in addition to media representatives.
The Showcase USA-Italy team will provide participants matchmaking appointments with Italian companies, logistical assistance, on-site business counseling and support, as well as a pre-event briefing.
This direct sales package includes:
- Two nights hotel accommodations (November 12 and13), taxes and breakfast included;
- All-inclusive meal plan, from dinner on November 12 to breakfast on November 14;
- Showcase USA-Italy event to include:
- Market briefing;
- Networking reception;
- One table (measuring about 4 ft x 2.3 ft) with four chairs and wi-fi connection;
- One-on-one appointments per table with Italian tour operators & incentive houses;
- Brochure distribution at the Visit USA Association Italy’s Travel Agent Workshop scheduled for November 12 at the same hotel.
- Special optional program with American Express Travel: State Tourism Offices, CVBs and Attractions can meet with AMEX call center travel consultants who provide travel advice to AMEX Platinum and Centurion members.
For more information visit our website: http://www.buyusa.gov/italy/en/215.html or contact
Simonetta Busnelli, Commercial Specialist, at Simonetta.Busnelli@mail.doc.gov.
More Research: The Office of Travel and Tourism Industries invites you to visit our web site and explore our resources available on Italy:
Italy Market Profile - https://travel.trade.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/2008_Italy_Market_Profile.pdf
Forecast - http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/view/f-2000-99-001/index.html