The Barometer program gathers
qualitative input from German tour operators. Respondents include
German Tour Operators working in Germany with a focus on selling
the United States.
Why should key in-country travel trade (tour operators)
participate in the U.S. DOC, OTTI Travel Barometer Program?
- The Barometer provides respondents with a broader perspective
on market demand, which can be used to measure and compare actual
- Operators can respond to one survey related to their U.S. efforts.
This helps eliminate the flood of request from suppliers and representatives
seeking information on sales/bookings.
- Specific company information is NEVER reported. The results
from the respondent base are aggregated.
- The quarterly survey is conducted in both English and in the
host country language.
- Respondents receive the reports in native language.
- Respondents receive the core results free - approximately one
week after the survey closes.
- The survey is easy to complete - only about 30 minutes per quarter.
- Reports are accessed at any time using a unique user Id and
- The Barometer will help keep U.S. suppliers and destinations
investing into your market.
- The Barometer program is a cooperative effort between the USDOC,
Office of Travel and Tourism Industries, the German Commercial
Service office, and the German Visit USA.
To participate please apply for an account.
Go to Travel Recovery Page